Short Sales In Broward County
If you are having difficulty making your mortgage payments and looked into a modification but were denied, you might want to consider a short sale before being foreclosed on. There are a number of things you need to get together for a successful sale.
- You need the last 30 days of paychecks
- The last two years of tax returns
- The last 2 months of bank statements
- If you’re property is cleaned up and has nice curb appeal, it’s sure to get an offer in no time. If there are repairs to be
made, get that behind you too. Buyers, for the most part try to avoid short sales because of the wait for the banks reply. If your property is made to look so attractive, it’s hard for buyers to pass it up. Pictures will be taken of every room and shown all over the world on the internet. So, put your best foot forward.
- Make your property easy to show. Many short sellers make this difficult because they are bitter. Stay positive with this. Agree to
a lock box on the front door, a sign in the yard and flexible showing times.
- If you decide to vacate the property, keep your Homeowners Association Dues paid. Do not fall behind on these. This can definitely slow the transaction down.
- Keep the maintenance of the property up. If the grass is overgrown and the pool is green, the property will get cited and the fines
will have to be paid before closing.
- Keep the utilities turned on. The bill will be down
to a minimum because of the vacancy. The inspector needs them operating and it
will cost you extra to turn them back on.
Remember, doing a short sale, you sell your house. A foreclosure is when the bank takes the property back.
Thinking of selling your Broward County, FL home? Interested in finding out the current market value of your single-family home, condo or investment property? Give me call today to discuss what is happening in the Broward County real estate market and how I can best serve your real estate needs. I would be happy to give you a personalized comparative market analysis (CMA) and answer all of your questions.
Please fill out the online contact form or give me a call today. Let’s talk!
RE/MAX Professionals Real Estate
9615 Westview Drive
Coral Springs, FL 33076